NOTE: Due to COVID-19, we are unable to provide Before School Club (BSC) until further notice. After School Club (ASC) is available for those who meet and fully understand the following criteria:
- Both parents are working away from home and cannot make arrangement for pick-up at 4:00 p.m.
- Must sign-up before hand
- Understand that by utilizing the ASC services, the school will not be able to provide the same stringent level of cohort requirements, and thus, safety standard as that provided during regular school hours – your child(ren) will be under the care of staff that are not their home-room teacher. There is an increase risk involved, however small it may be, by using ASC services. Students in ASC will still be separated into their respective class cohorts with proper social distancing between cohorts. Masks and proper hygiene etiquette will still be enforced. We will not be able to provide the usual snacks due to COVID-19 restrictions. When parents arrive for pick-up, they will need to call the school’s number – 905-770-4055, and their child(ren) will be brought to them at the north entrance.
- ASC hours – 4:00 to 6:00
- Rates will be the same as last year; emergency rates for after 6:00 p.m. care
Due to COVID-19, we are unable to offer specialty after school clubs until further notice.
Before and After School Clubs (BASC) Procedures
Registration link is at the bottom of this page.
Starting Monday, September 14, 2020
In order to streamline our BASC services, we are introducing some changes.
What stays the same?
- Rate of $6.00 per hour
- No charges for the 3rd child and up
- All After School Clubs (ASC) charges will begin at 4:00 p.m.
- Students enrolled in special after school clubs will not be charged until 15 minutes after the conclusion of the club; they will not be charged ACS fees while waiting for club to start
- Payments will be made at the end of each month
- We provide emergency service after 6:00 p.m. at a rate of $0.75 per minute ($45/hour) per family
- Students will continue to be scanned in and out of
both Before School Club (BSC) andAfter School Club (ASC); failure to do so might result in additional service charges
What is new?
- Parents will need to sign up for
BSC andASC separately on a monthly basis on the school’s website
- Instead of charging by the minute,
BSC andASC services will be charged at 30 minutes increments or $3/half-hour Before School Club (BSC): Monthly rates are as follows: $60 for the 7:30 to 8:00 a.m. services
There will be no BSC charges from 8:00 a.m. onward We ask parents to drop off their child(ren) and depart promptly without loitering in the hallways
No partial refunds for missed days (in other words, payments and minutes cannot be rolled over or accumulated) For those who did not sign up for BSC and use the services on an emergency basis, there will be a service charge of $2/day in addition to the BSC cost of $3/day for a total cost of $5/day of emergency use Each student is charged separately An invoice will be sent at the end of each month Please pay promptly by cheque or online via credit card (no cash payments)
- After School Club (ASC):
- Monthly rates are as follow:
- $60 for 30 minutes/day
- $120 for 60 minutes/day
- $180 for 90 minutes/day
- $240 for 120 minutes/day
- No partial refunds for missed days (in other words, payments and minutes cannot be rolled over or accumulated)
- If a student used more than the purchased number of minutes of ASC services per day, the outstanding amount in 30-minutes increment will be added to the invoiced at the end of the month
- Students enrolled in specific after school clubs will not be charged ASC fees until 15 minutes after the conclusion of the club; they will not be charged while waiting for club to start
- Adjustments will be made for students who are registered in monthly ASC
- For those who did not sign up for ASC and used the services on an emergency basis, there will be a service charge of $3/day in addition to the amount incurred in 30-minutes increments
- Each student is charged separately
- An invoice will be sent at the end of each month
- Please pay promptly by cheque or online via credit card (no cash payment)
- Monthly rates are as follow:
- Only cheque or online payment via credit card are accepted (no cash payments)
- For amounts under $20, please prepare a $20 cheque payable to RHCA with memo line of “BASC Payments for your child’s name”
- Any amount not used will be credited to future BASC payments for your child
- Johnny was signed up online for ASC for the month of September 2019 by his parents. They choose the $60 option. At the end of September, they will receive an ASC invoice of $60 for the month of September. They paid via cheque.
- Bob, Johnny’s friend, was signed up online for ASC for the month of September 2019 by his parents. They choose the $60 option. One day during September, Bob’s parents were 15 minutes late to pick him up. At the end of September, they will receive an ASC invoice of $63 ($60 plus $3 for the one time 15 minutes rounded up to 30 minutes late pickup). They paid via cheque also.
- Susie was signed up online for BSC and ASC for the month of September 2019 by her parents. For BSC they choose the $60 option. For ASC they choose the $60 option. At the end of September, they will receive a BASC invoice of $120 for the month of September. They paid online via credit card.
- Peter’s parents did not sign him up for BASC. One day during September he needed to use ASC from 4:00 to 5:00 p.m. At the end of September, his parents will receive an ASC invoice of $9 ($6 ASC plus $3 service charge) for the month of September. Peter’s parents wrote a cheque of $20 to RHCA to cover his ASC cost. As a result, Peter has a $11 ASC credit for the next month.
- Jessica was signed up online for ASC for the month of September 2019 by her parents. They choose the $120 option. Jessica joined soccer club and paid $45 club fee during the month of September. She was picked up after soccer club promptly. At the end of September, they will receive an ASC invoice of $75 ($120-45) for the month of September. They paid via cheque.
Some parents are asking which monthly rates they should select if their usage of ASC differs each day of the week. Our suggestion is to pick the lowest rate that will meet your needs and pay extra for the days you use more of the after-school time.
For example, Scott’s ASC usage per week is as follows:
|30 minutes||60 minutes||30 minutes||90 minutes||30 minutes|
For Scott’s ASC usage, his weekly amount is $24. Scott’s monthly ASC rate comes to $24 x 4 = $96. Looking at the available ASC options, it will be more economical to sign up Scott for the $60 plan and pay an additional $36 for the extra hours, than to signup for the $120 plan.
Another question is about special after school clubs and how that applies to students who are signed up for regular ASC. Please note the following:
- There will be no charges for the wait time before clubs begin
- If your child is registered for regular ASC, this ASC time will begin the moment the special after school clubs finish.
- This statement from the original newsletter – students enrolled in specific after school clubs will not be charged ASC fees until 15 minutes after the conclusion of the club – is only applicable for students not registered for regular ACS.
For example, Scott was signed up for the $60 plan. He joined a special after school club that does not start until 4:30 p.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m. His parents will not be charged for the time he spends waiting for club to start. Because Scott was signed up for the $60 plan, his parents will have until 5:30 p.m. to pick him up. Extra regular ASC charges will incur only after 5:30 p.m. at 30 minutes increments. For individuals like Scott – a person who is registered for the $60 plan and joins a special after school club – his parent’s invoice at the end of the month will be $60 for the ASC registration, minus the fee for the special after school club, which is less than $60. See “EXAMPLES” for Jessica on the original newsletter.
NOTE: In the case where the monthly ASC cost is in the negative after factoring in a special after school club cost, there will be no credit or refund given. For example, Emily’s parents signed up for the $60 plan but during the month joined 2 special clubs that totalled $65 in club fee. At the end of the month, Emily’s parents will receive an invoice of $0.00 for regular ASC. There will be no refunds or credits for the extra $5 over the $60 ASC fee.
AFTER SCHOOL CLUBS (ASC) AND SPECIALTY CLUBS (SC) UPDATE:
Question: How would SC fees be deducted from ASC fees if the SC spans across 2 months?
Answer: SC fees will be deducted from ASC fees on the month that SC finishes.
EXAMPLE: Peter’s parents enrolled in the $60 ASC plan for October 2019. Peter also joined a SC that begins in October 2019 but ends in November 2019 that cost $40. His parents received a $60 October ASC invoice. Peter’s parents also enrolled in the $60 ASC plan for November 2019. His parents received at $20 November ASC invoice because Peter’s SC ended in November.
 The only exception would be Mandarin Club. We will spread out Mandarin Club costs over the duration of the club and make an average deduction each month from those who uses ASC.
Detention and ASC Fee: Please note that if a student has been assigned to after school detention, they will be serving their detention in the homework club. Parents will also be charged emergency usage of ASC unless the student regularly attends ASC and the detention duration does not exceed the daily ASC time signed up already.
Click BSC/ASC to access the registration form.